Below, you'll find a list of balloons that were disposed of and no longer exist because of this.
- All balloons created prior to 1960 are not included, due to them being made prior to the oldest surviving balloon.
- Balloons whose conditions are unconfirmed Olive Oyl (1st version), Yogi Bear, Raggedy Ann, Big Bird (1st version), Quik Bunny, Sonic the Hedgehog (1st version), etc.) are also not allowed on the list.
Disposed Balloons (incomplete)
- Donald Duck (2nd version) (1962-1972, 1984)
- Dino the Dinosaur (1st version) (1963-1976)
- Linus the Lionhearted (1964-1983, 1991)
- Underdog (1965-1984)
- Superman (2nd version) (1966-1970)
- Aviator Snoopy (1st version) (1968, 1978-1982, 1985)
- Mickey Mouse (2nd version) (1971-1983)
- Garfield (1st version) (1984-1989, 1992-1999)
- Humpty Dumpty (1986)
- Spider-Man (1st version) (1987-1998)
- Snoopy (3rd version) (1987)
- The Pink Panther (1988-1997)
- Rex the Dinosaur (1993)
- Dudley the Dragon (1995)
- Wild Thing (1998-1999, 2002-2003)
- Hamlet the Balloon School Pig (2003-2008)
- Pillsbury Doughboy (1st version) (2009-2013)
- Macy's Ice Cream Cone (1985-1986)
- Pennsylvania Dutch Ornaments (1985-1994, 1996-1997)
- Flower Ornaments (1985-1997)
- American Star Ornaments (1985-1992)
- Basketball (1st version) (1991-2003)
- Football (1st version) (1991-2001)
- Baseball (1st version) (1991-2006)
- Pumpkins (1st version) (1992-1998)
- Wiggle Worm (1st version) (1993-1996)
- Cloe the Holiday Clown (1st version) (1994-2003)
- Harold the Fireman (1996-2008)
- Earth (1st version) (1996)
- Uncle Sam (2002-2006)
For a list of balloons that still exist and survive at the Macy’s Parade Studio and Float Warehouse, see here.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.