The Cornucopia, sometimes referred to as the Bountiful Harvest Cornucopia is a Thanksgiving-themed float from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
History with the Macy's Parade
In 1993, a Cornucopia float was added to the Macy's Parade line of march, alongside a newly-refurbished Tom Turkey, to help emphasize the Thanksgiving aspect of the Parade. The float featured a massive horn of plenty, topped with a bow and overflowing with seasonal fruits and vegetables such as pears, cranberries, pumpkins, and more. The float would become a Parade mainstay in later years, making on-again, off-again appearances throughout the 1990s to the 2010s, having most recently appeared in the 2019 Parade. Whether or not the float will make further appearances in the Parade remains unknown.
Listed below are the guest stars that have performed/appeared on the float, alongside the respective songs which they sang during the NBC Telecast.
- 1993 - Stevie Wonder; sang"Take The Time Out"
- 1994 - Judy Collins; sang "Simple Gifts"
- 1995 - LL Cool J with the Boys Choir of Harlem; sang "Take The Time Out"
- 1998 - Eric McCormack & Debra Messing
- 2000 - Emeril Lagasse
- 2001 - Tim Curry; sang "God Bless Us Everyone"
- 2003 - Judy Collins; sang "Trust Your Heart"
- 2005 - Michael Feinstein, & The Highbridge Voices
- 2007 - Cherokee National Youth Choir; sang "Jingle Bells"
- 2009 - Tiffany Thorton & Kermit the Frog; sang "I Believe"
- 2010 - Betty Buckley; sang "Blue Skies"
- 2013 - Cherokee National Youth Choir; sang "Alleluia"