The Walt Disney Company, commonly known as Disney, is an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios complex in Burbank, California.
Disney was originally founded on October 16, 1923, by brothers Walt and Roy O. Disney as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio; it also operated under the names The Walt Disney Studio and Walt Disney Productions before officially changing its name to The Walt Disney Company in 1986. The company established itself as a leader in the American animation industry before diversifying into live-action film production, television, and theme parks.
Since the 1980s, Disney has created and acquired corporate divisions in order to market more mature content than is typically associated with its flagship family-oriented brands. The company is known for its film studio division, The Walt Disney Studios, which includes Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and Blue Sky Studios. Disney's other main units and reporting segments are Disney Media Networks, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. Through these segments, Disney owns and operates the ABC broadcast network; cable television networks such as Disney Channel, ESPN, Freeform, FX, and National Geographic; publishing, merchandising, music, and theater divisions; and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, a group of 14 theme parks around the world.
They have had many balloons and floats over the years.
- Mickey Mouse (1934-1935, 1971-1983, 2000, 2009-2012)
- Donald Duck (1935, 1962-1972, 1984)
- Kermit the Frog (2004, 2007-2012) (despite being a balloon before from 1977-1987 and 1990-1991, he wasn't owned by Disney at the time.)
- Spider-Man (2009-2014) (also wasn't owned by Disney during the run of his first balloon)
- Goofy (1992)
- Chicken Little (2004-2005)
- JoJo's Circus (2005-2007)
- Buzz Lightyear (2008-2013)
- Olaf (2017-Present)
- Disney Wagon (1969-1976)
- Captain Hook's Pirate Ship (1968-1976)
- Mickey Mouse's 40th Birthday Celebration (1968)
- The Three Little Pigs (1969-1971)
- Aristocats (1970)
- Walt Disney World (1971-1980)
- Walt Disney World's Tencennial (1981)
- Disney Celebration (1984-1985)
- P.T Flea's Circus (1998)
- Disneyland's 50th Anniversary of Disney Parks Magic (2005)