Homewood Suites by Hilton is an American chain of all-suite residential-style hotels managed by the Hilton Worldwide. The chain consists of nearly 450 hotels in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Most Homewood Suites hotels are independently owned and operated by franchisees. Homewood Suites competes in the upscale tier of the extended-stay market, along with Staybridge Suites by IHG and Residence Inn by Marriott.
Homewood Suites provides a free hot breakfast every morning and hosts a free Evening Social reception Monday-Thursday, consisting of draft beers, house wine, soft drinks, and light food options.
History with the Macy's Parade
In 2010, Homewood Suites teamed up with the expert designers at the Macy's Parade Studio to help bring a brand-new float to the Parade. This float was titled "On the Roll Again", but is also sometimes referred to as "Ducks In a Row". The design is based on an old wooden pull-along toy, which features Lewis the Duck as he takes his fine-feathered family, consisting of wife, Lois, and his children, Lance and Lisa, to the nearest Homewood Suites where they will receive roomy accommodations, a full-sized kitchen and the company's signature hot breakfast. Altogether, the float measures 46-feet long and quickly became a Parade mainstay up until its retirement in 2018.
In addition to appearing as a float in the Parade, a wooden pull toy was created in 2013 and was sold at Macy's stores worldwide.
Below, you will find a list of every performer/celebrity that has performed/appeared on the float, alongside the respective songs which they sang during the NBC Telecast.
- 2010 - Kylie Minogue; performed "Get Outta My Way"
- 2011 - China Anne McClain; performed "Unstoppable"
- 2012 - Karmin; performed "Brokenhearted"
- 2013 - Megan Hilty; performed "Merry Christmas, Darling"
- 2014 - Pentatonix; performed "Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town"
- 2015 - Andra Day; performed "Rise Up"
- 2016 - Aloe Blacc; performed "Candyman"
- 2017 - Andy Grammer; performed "Smoke Clears"
- 2018 - Leona Lewis; performed "One More Sleep"