Welcome to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Wiki!
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Wiki is an encyclopedia for information related to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, one of America's best Thanksgiving traditions and a hallmark of the Macy's department store chain. The "Longest Running Show on Broadway" is so momentous that we try to offer it full and complete coverage! We currently devote over 900 articles to the parade's fantastic floats, giant big balloons, musical performances, and everything else this 93-year old sensational spectacle has to offer!
2019 Macy's Parade
Rediscover who made the 2019 Parade the ultimate block party!
Learn about the Parade's iconic balloons!
Learn about the Parade's fantastic floats!
An Insider's Look
Learn about the Studio that brings the magic of the Parade to life!
A Spectacle Like No Other!
5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - Let's Have A Parade!
It is these words that have started the beloved Thanksgiving classic for over nine decades, and it is these words that will continue to kick off the holiday season every year on the fourth Thursday of November. This year, the Parade celebrated it's 93rd anniversary, with its usual array of fantastic floats, giant balloons, celebrity appearances and the best bands and dancers in the land.
Despite high winds, the helium-filled giants who have been the staple of the Parade since 1928 once again soared down the Parade route, and wrangled three brand-new giant balloons into its family. For the first time ever, Dr. Seuss' beloved Green Eggs and Ham took to the skies as Sam-I-Am and Guy-Am-I with a custom-made ham-mobile, which is large enough to fit 4 million eggs or 14,000 hams that weigh 15.5 pounds each.
If ham on turkey day isn't your fit, perhaps you could go on a grand adventure with Charles Schulz's beloved beagle, Snoopy, as he cleared for launch in his 8th consecutive balloon appearance, now sporting his space outfit from the Snoopy in Space animated series. He returned to the Parade for the first time since 2015 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo moon landing.
From high up in space to deep below the ocean, SpongeBob SquarePants debuted in the form of a new balloon, now joined by his loyal pet snail, Gary. This version marks the 3rd balloon to be made in the porous character's likeness, with over 600 internal tie-in lines used to give him his defined square shape.
Although unable to start it's flight due to an incident, Yayoi Kusama brought a piece of her creative genius to the Parade with the newest entry, Love Flies Up To The Sky, making her the only female to join the ranks of the Blue Sky Gallery, in addition to being the oldest Blue Sky Gallery entree.
Taking a break from his busy schedule of saving fires, Smokey Bear returned for the first time since 1993 to celebrate his 75th anniversary. He floated down the Parade route with his signature ranger hat, fashionable denim jeans and shovel as he reminds Parade watchers young and old that "Only YOU can prevent forest fires".
With the return of many old favorites, the 93rd Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade continued to captivate and innovate the annual American tradition! Although the Parade just recently ended, the magic-making artists of Macy's Parade Studio are already beginning preparations for the 94th Parade in 2020 -- adding just a few more layers in preparation for the 100th Annual Parade in 2026, in which John Piper says it will be "the grandest Parade the world has ever seen.
- Owners: Inflatable&SportsGuy1986 and JamarcusMudkip
- Co-Owner and Secondary Bureaucrat: ToonBoomer
- Tertiary Buraucrat: LTPHarry
- Admins: Polarjack77, MickeyMouseLover2001, TheSpongeBobandLoudHouseFan2007, Apple idk, Starflake199 and DerekJasper
Just remember, we're always here to help, if you have a question or need help, just ask us!
Users of the Month
Here is the place for contributors who have made a difference on the Wiki, and were voted as User of the Month!
- May 2018 - Inflatable&SportsGuy1986
- January 2019 - Apple idk
- February 2019 - ToonBoomer
- May 2019 - TheSpongeBobandLoudHouseFan2007!
- June 2019 - MickeyMouseLover2001
- July 2019 - Luisbarretto and PolarJack77
- August 2019 - Kaetly Rojas
- September 2019 - LTPHarry
- October 2019 - Inflatable&SportsGuy1986
- November 2019 - Gunnar Tarbox
- December 2019 - TiffAndTuffFanJr1 and JDL2016
- January 2020 - Lukederonde 3
- Feburary 2020 - TheSpongeBobandLoudHouseFan2007!
- March 2020 - Beanieboy112
Rules for contributors
- You are not allowed to contribute any custom content. This includes pages for bogus parades, news "reports" for fake additions to the parade, and pages for parades coming in the distant future.
- Do not alter pages for upcoming years except to update them to include officially confirmed balloons, floats, marching bands, or music performances.
- You are not allowed to post any spam on any page.
- Do not create pages for any character or brand that has not been represented in a Macy's Parade balloon or float, or name any upcoming marching bands without official confirmation.
- Vandalism is prohibited on this wiki. This includes the unexplained removal of legitimate content, adding irrelevant obscenities or crude humor, blanking pages and contributing obvious nonsense. If vandalism is inserted, it should be reverted immediately upon being discovered. Vandals may be warned several times before they have their accounts blocked.
- Refrain from swearing on this wiki. If any usage of profanity is noticed by staff, the offending user should be blocked.
- No IP accounts are allowed on this wiki. IP users have been banned because they contributed much bogus content that has since been deleted.
- If vandalism causes you to be banned, you are not allowed to create any sockpuppet accounts. Any sockpuppet accounts will be banned upon discovery.
- No disrespecting opinions.
- Attempt not to tease each other.
- Caps lock is only allowed if something excites you. Attempt not to do so if you are angry, upset or mad.
- Unless approved by others within chat, spam (stupid, pointless, and annoying messages) will not be tolerated on this wiki. This will also face a ban.