The 80th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was held on November 23rd, 2006, in New York City, and shown to viewers live on NBC that same day from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. It was hosted by Meredith Vieria (whom had taken over the roll from Katie Couric), Matt Lauer and Al Roker. Participating celebrities included Julie Andrews, The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Renee Flemming, Sandi Patty and John Tartaglia.
Listed below are the various Parade units that appeared in the 2006 line of march. Each unit is listed in several categories and sub-categories, in addition to the unit's sponsor
Bold indicates a new Parade unit, and * indicates a retired Parade unit.
- 80th Anniversary Hot Air Balloon* (Macy's) - 1st time
- Snoopy as the Flying Ace (United Feature Syndicate, Inc.) - 1st time
- JoJo's Circus (Playhouse Disney) - 2nd time
- Big Bird* (Sesame Workshop) - 6th time
- Dora the Explorer (Nickelodeon) - 2nd time
- Scooby-Doo (Warner Bros. Consumer Products) - 2nd time
- SpongeBob SquarePants* (Nickelodeon) - 3rd time
- Red and Yellow Brighten the Holidays* (M&M's Chocolate Candies) - 3rd time
- Pikachu (The Pokémon Company) - 1st time
- Super Grover* (Sesame Workshop) - 4th time
- "Healthy" Mr. Potato Head (United States Potato Board) - 2nd time
- Ronald McDonald (McDonald's Corporation) - 7th time
- Garfield* (Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment) - 4th time
- Yellow Macy's Stars (Macy's) - 1st time
- Pumpkins (Macy's) - 4th time
- Macy's Parade Humpty Dumpty* (Tom Otterness) - 2nd time
- Stars & Stripes Ornaments (Macy's) - 8th time
- Happy Hippo* (Macy's) - 5th time
- Flying Fish (Macy's) - 11th time
- Cloe the Holiday Clown (Macy's) - 2nd time
- Blue & White Macy's Stars (Macy's) - 3rd time
- Baseball* (Macy's) - 14th time
- Football (Macy's) - 1st time
- Cheesecake Raspberry Swirl/Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream Cone (Macy's) - 1st time
- Strawberry/Pistachio Ice Cream Cone* (Macy's) - 4th time
- Uncle Sam (Macy's) - 1st time
- White Macy's Stars (Macy's) - 8th time
- Handprint Spheres* (Delta Air Lines) - 1st time
- Harold the Fireman (Macy's) - 11th time
- Toy Soldier* (Macy's) - 1st time
- Poinsettia Ornaments (Macy's) - 3rd time
- Red Candy Cane (Macy's) - 3rd time
- Green Candy Cane (Macy's) - 1st time
- Charlie, Kit & C.J. Holiday Elves (Macy's) - 7th time (Charlie); 3rd time (Kit & C.J.)
- Red Macy's Stars (Macy's) - 5th time
- Pilgrim Man & Woman - 2nd time
- Founding Fathers - 3rd time
- The Marx Brothers (Retired) - 4th and last time
- The Weebles* (Playskool) - 3rd time
- Energizer Bunny (Energizer Batteries) - 1st time
- SnowBo (Universal Studios Orlando) - 2nd time
- Tom Turkey (Macy's) - 14th time
- Snoopy's Doghouse (United Feature Syndicate, Inc.) - 1st time
- Spirit of America (United States Postal Service) - 4th time
- Story Time* (Macy's) - 1st time
- Magic of Childhood* (Fisher-Price) - 3rd time
- Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses* (Mattel) - 1st time
- Marion-Carole Showboat (Macy's) - 5th time
- Oklahoma Rising!*(The Oklahoma Cenntenial Commission) - 2nd time
- 1-2-3 Sesame Street (Sesame Workshop) - 3rd time
- Starship Discovery (Greendog) - 1st time
- Animal Wonders (Animal Planet) - 2nd time
- Tutenstein* (Discovery Kids) - 3rd time
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Cartoon Network) - 1st time
- Expedition to Rhino Mountain (Eckō Unltd.) - 4th time
- Voyage to Adventure* (Royal Carribean) - 3rd time
- Kids Candy Creation Lab* (Hershey's) - 5th time
- Big Apple (New York Daily News) - 2nd time
- Bridge to the Future (Hess Corporation) - 4th time
- Thanksgiving Classics* (National Football League) - 3rd time
- American Classic Malt Shop (Amica Mutual Insurance) - 4th time
- Charlotte's Web* (Paramount Pictures) - 1st time
- Spirit of Liberty (Macy's) - 14th time
- Pep Rally (Mike Miller & Associates) - 2nd time
- New York Tin Toy (History Channel) - 1st time
- Holiday Lovin' Oven (Pillsbury) - 2nd time
- Teddy's Workshop* (Build-A-Bear Workshop) - 5th time
- The Polar Express* (Warner Bros. Home Entertainment) - 2nd time
- Santa's Sleigh (Macy's) - 19th time
- Cast of High School Musical, performed "We're All In This Together"
- Julie Andrews, performed "The Show Must Go On"
- The Laurie Berkner Band Susan Lampert and Adam Bernstein, performed "Bumblebee (Buzz Buzz)"
- Princess Genevieve and Prince Derek
- Miss USA Tara Conner
- Sandi Patty, performed "Oklahoma Rising!"
- Bart Conner
- Nadia Comăneci
- Mat Hoffman
- Wayman Tisdale
- Joe Carter
- John Smith
- The Cast and Muppets of Sesame Street, performed "Another Sunny Day"
- The Jonas Brothers, performed "Year 3000"
- The Fetch Kids
- Gloria Estefan, performed "Sing With Your Heart"
- Rachael Reenstra with Costello the Dog
- Diana DeGarmo, performed "The Pharaoh Strut"
- Cast of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, performed "With A Little Help With My Friends"
- Chris Brown, performed "Say Goodbye"
- Ciara, performed "Get Up"
- RBD, performed "Tu Amour"
- Daryl Hall & John Oates, performed "Home for Christmas"
- Josh Kelley, performed "Just Say The Word"
- Cheyenne, performed "Four Walls"
- Eric Dickerson
- Harry Carson
- Emmet Smith
- Darlene Love, performed "It's All About Tonight"
- The Dynamites from Broadway's Hairspray
- Sarah McLachlan, performed "Ordinary Miracle"
- Renee Flemming, performed "America The Beautiful"
- Barry Manilow, performed "What The World Needs Now"
- The Cast of Irving Berlin's White Christmas, performed "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm"
- Miley Cyrus, performed "Best of Both Worlds"
- Natalie Grant, performed "Believe"
- Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
- Hi-Rollers Skating Clowns
- Confetti Clowns
- Circus Clowns