The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will be held on November 26th, 2020, in New York City and is set to air on NBC that same day at 9 a.m. It will be hosted by Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb and Al Roker.
Listed below are the Parade units that are confirmed to appear in the 2020 Parade. Updates will be provided as time goes by.
-Bold indicates a new Parade unit, and * indicates a retired Parade unit.
- Astronaut Snoopy (Peanuts Worldwide) - 2nd time
- The Boss Baby (DreamWorks Animation) - 1st time
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Abrams Children's Books) - 5th time
- Sinclair's DINO (Sinclair Oil Corporation) - 6th time
- The Elf on the Shelf - 9th time
- Chase from PAW Patrol (Spin Master and Nickelodeon) - 4th time
- Pikachu (The Pokémon Company International) - 7th time
- Pillsbury Doughboy (Pillsbury) - 7th time
- Ronald McDonald (McDonald's) - 6th time
- Trolls (DreamWorks Animation) - 5th time
- SpongeBob SquarePants & Gary (Nickelodeon) - 2nd time
- Love Flies Up to the Sky (Yayoi Kusama) - 2nd time
- Fleck, Bjorn Jojo and Hugg (Netflix) - 2nd time
- Smokey Bear (United States Department of Agriculture - Forest Service) - 2nd time
- The Nutcracker (Universal Orlando Resort) - 3rd time
- Santa Starflakes (Universal Orlando Resort) - 1st time
- Acorn - 4th time
- Americana Spheres - 2nd time
- Arrtle the Pirate - 3rd time
- Blue & White Macy's Stars - 4th time
- Finial Ornaments - 1st time
- Harold the Fireman - 10th time
- Macy's Pride Stars - 1st time
- Opening Macy's Stars - 3rd time
- Poinsettias - 5th time
- Pumpkins - 8th time
- Red "Believe" Stars - 5th time
- Ice Crystals - 11th time
- 1-2-3 Sesame Street (Sesame Workshop) - 17th time
- Blue's Clues & You! (Nickelodeon) - 2nd time
- The Brick-Changer (The LEGO Group) - 2nd time
- Central Park (Delta Air Lines) - 11th time
- Christmas Cheer is Near (The Lumistella Company) - 3rd time
- Cornucopia (Macy's) - 14th time
- Cruising Cupcakes (Macy's) - 1st time
- Deck the Halls (Balsam Hill) - 5th time
- Everyone's Favorite Bake Shop (Entenmann's) - 4th time
- Fantasy Chocolate Factory (Kinder) - 3rd time
- Harvest in the Valley (Green Giant) - 4th time
- Heartwarming Holiday Countdown (Hallmark Channel) - 6th time
- Home Sweet Home (Cracker Barrel Old Country Store) - 2nd time
- Mount Rushmore's American Pride (South Dakota Office of Tourism) - 11th time
- Patriotic Top Hat (Macy's) - 3rd time
- Rexy in the City (Coach) - 2nd time
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nickelodeon) - 3rd time
- Santa's Sleigh (Macy's) - 12th time
- Snoopy's Doghouse (Peanuts Worldwide) - 2nd time
- Splashing Safari Adventure (Kalahari Resorts & Conventions) - 3rd time
- Tom Turkey (Macy's) - 3rd time
- Toy House of Marvelous Milestones (New York Life) - 2nd time
- Winning Winter Together Presented by MassMutual (NHL/MassMutual) - 1st time
- Big Red Shoe Car (McDonald's) - 21st time
- Rocking Flamingo (Macy's) - 4th time
- Rocking Giraffe (Macy's) - 11th time
- Rocking Horse (Macy's) - 64th time
- Rocking Lion (Macy's) - 7th time
- Rocking Lobster (Macy's) - 31st time
- Rocking Moose (Macy's) - 5th time
- Rocking Tortoise (Macy's) - 39th time
- Charlie Brown (Snoopy's Doghouse)
- Ronald McDonald (Big Red Shoe Car)
- Chippey and Snowflake (Christmas Cheer is Near)
- Macy's Singing Christmas Tree Choir, will perform "We Believe"
- Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus (Santa's Sleigh)
- Breakfast Clowns
- Circus Clowns
- City Tourist Clowns
- Corny-Copia Clowns
- Funny Firefighter Brigade Clowns
- Funny Flurry Clowns
- Half-Baked Holiday Sweets
- Holiday Clowns
- Nutty-Cracker Ballet Clowns
- Pirate Clowns
- Safari Clowns
- Santa's Toy Box Clowns
- Silly Seaside Clowns & Sea Creatures
- Sleepy Clowns
- Springtime Clowns
- Toy Blocks
- Turkey Tech Players & Sports Fans
- Wedding Bell-Y Laffs Limo Service Clowns
- Sea Anemone
- Toy Soldiers
- Candy Canes
- Fire Truck Clown Vehicle
- Taxi Cab of Clowns
- Half-Baked Delivery Truck
Due to the ongoing 2019-20 coronavirus pandemic, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will undergo several modifications in order to ensure safety for participants. Listed below are several changes that will be implemented for the 2020 Parade.
- This will be the first Parade in the history of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade to not permit any spectators to line the streets, and will be re-invented into a television-only event for this occasion, marking this as the first time the Parade's live processions have been cancelled since 1944.
- The overall number of participants will be reduced by approximately 75%, splitting the remaining participants over two days
- All participants will be appropriately socially distanced during performances and be required to wear face coverings and additional personal protective equipment depending on their role.
- Previously selected regional High School and College Marching Bands performances will be deferred to the 2021 Macy’s Parade, with locally based professional marching and musical ensembles taking musical duties in the lineup.
- Participant and colleague wellness checks will be performed at all pre-Parade events and on Thanksgiving Day.
- Participation will be limited to adults only on the Parade route.
- A number of social distancing measures will be implemented, wherever possible, inclusive of providing and mandating face coverings for all participants, staff and ticketed guests.
- In order to reduce the amount of Parade participants, a new handling method will be used for flying balloons. Handlers traditionally deployed to carry the giant character balloons along the parade route will be replaced by an innovative, specially rigged anchor vehicle framework of five specialty vehicles tested and approved by the NYCDOT and NYPD.
- Instead of following the typical 2.5-mile route, the parade elements will be taped in and around Herald Square over a two-day course, as stated by Macy's.
- Macy’s traditional Giant Balloon Inflation public event on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving will not take place.
- For the 2020 Parade, 65 members of the Macy's Singing Christmas Tree Choir will be invited back to virtually perform an original Christmas carol, composed by Judith Clurman.